Quantum Capital Limited is based in the Dubai International Finance Centre (DIFC) regulated
Quantum Capital Limited (hereinafter Quantum) processes personal data for the purposes of ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of its business operations. It is done in such a way that privacy is protected and safeguarded.
Purposes of data processing
Personal data will be processed by Quantum for the purposes of ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of its business operations, and, in particular, for the following activities:
- the assessment and acceptance of customers and potential customers, the conclusion and performance of contracts with a customer and the settlement of payment transactions;
- the performance of (targeted) marketing activities designed to establish a relationship with a potential customer and/or maintain or extend a relationship with a customer, including sending marketing information about products and/or services that may be of interest to the customer or potential customer;
- compliance with statutory obligations; and/or
- the management of a relationship with a customer or potential customer.
When carrying out these activities, Quantum may employ other companies, both in and outside the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). These companies may be based in countries outside the DIFC that do not offer privacy protection comparable to that offered by Quantum pursuant to the Data Protection Law of 2007.
In order to protect personal data, Quantum has made the necessary contractual arrangements and complies with applicable laws, rules and regulations (including the Data Protection Law of 2007).
Sharing personal data
When carrying out these activities, Quantum may share personal data with its affiliates, agents and/or service providers and/or the agents and/or service providers of its affiliates in any country in which Quantum or such affiliates, agents or service providers conduct business. This may include countries outside the Dubai International Financial Centre (“DIFC“) that do not offer privacy protection comparable to that afforded by the DIFC Data Protection Law. For the purposes of executing payment instructions, personal data may also be exchanged with recipients who are based in countries outside the DIFC.
Furthermore, Quantum may disclose personal data to:
- any of Quantum’s affiliates, their agents, auditors, service providers, governmental or law enforcement agencies, regulatory and/or supervisory entities and any other person that Quantum reasonably believes necessary to execute the above listed activities;
- both actual and potential purchasers of all or part of Quantum’s business, including their advisers, or to any person in relation to the transfer of Quantum’s contractual rights and obligations to a third party; and
- to any other person to whom Quantum has a right or duty to disclose personal data to, including under the compulsion of law.
Telephone conversations may be recorded
Telephone conversations with Quantum may be recorded for the following purposes:
- to provide evidence including in relation to differences of interpretation or disagreements concerning the content of the telephone conversation;
- to investigate and detect fraud;
- to evaluate the quality of services; and/or
- training, coaching and appraisal purposes.
Personal data via the website of Quantum
During your visit to the website of Quantum, your personal data may be obtained, for example through a contact form on the website or if you sent us a contact request by e-mail. Quantum also collects data by using cookies. These are small text files that a website automatically offers to your browser with the intention that this information is returned on your next visit to the website. This enables Quantum to collect information on the use of its website and to customize it to your profile.
Personal data obtained through the website are processed in accordance with this privacy statement. This privacy statement does not apply to third party websites that are linked to the website of Quantum.
You may at any time object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes and/or the receipt or further receipt of specific or all types of marketing information. Objections can be sent to:
Privacy Officer Dubai
Right to access and correct personal data
Individuals have a right to request a copy of any personal data held in relation to them by Quantum. Where permitted by applicable law, Quantum may charge a fee for this. If the personal data is factually inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant, or is being processed in a way which infringes a legal provision, you can request that such data be corrected, supplemented, deleted or blocked. For further information about these rights and/or to make such a request, please contact:
Privacy Officer Dubai
Quantum may amend this privacy statement from time to time. You can view the latest version via the hyperlink ‘Privacy’ on the Quantum website.
Electronic Communication (E-Mail)
We recommend that all communication with Quantum be done by using a secure channel if such channel is provided by Quantum. Use of ordinary e-mail to transmit personal or confidential information such as any account related data is solely at your risk.
Quantum shall not be liable to you or anybody else for any damages incurred in connection with any messages sent to Quantum using ordinary e-mail or any other electronic messaging system.